Hey loves, hope you all had a wonderful Easter holiday. I certainly did, spent time with the other half in Naivasha taking in the nature for the weekend. Don’t let them fool you though…a “nature walk” is a 5KM hike and I was not prepared!
Back to matters beauty…If you’re a regular reader of my blog (thank you!) you’ll know that I have a particular weakness for lip products. I was going through my lipsticks yesterday and thought I’d start a series on my favourite lipsticks. And most importantly lipsticks that are readily available in Kenya or are easy to access in Kenya. This is the first in the series and features nude lipsticks and liquid lipsticks that look great on dark skin.
The colours range from the palest nudes, to super dark that would look good on a variety of shades of deeper melanin!I’ve included a quick description of the colours, finishes, and of course, where you can get them in the 254. Here goes:
Top to bottom:
- Popfeel Matte Lipcream in Shroom: A neutral mid-brown liquid lipstick. Mousse-y formula, dries matte. Available here as part of set, and I’ve reviewed this here.
- Sleek Matte Me in Birthday Suit: A pale pink liquid lipstick. Thin formula, can apply a bit streaky, dries matte. Best worn with a brown lip liner. Available in most beauty stores around town.
- Hua Mian Li liquid lipstick in 07: A pale pink liquid lipstick with cool undertones. Opaque formula, dries matte. Best worn with a darker lip liner. Available here and I’ve reviewed it here.
- Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Succumb: A pale brown lipstick with peach undertones. Creme finish. Best worn with a brown lip liner. Available in most beauty stores around town.
- Gabrini Nude Matte Lipstick in 06: The perfect pink-brown nude lipstick for dark skin. Dries to a satin-matte finish. Available at Super Cosmetics.
Top to bottom:
- Gabrini Nude Matte Lipstick in 04: A medium brown lipstick with red undertones. Dries to a satin-matte finish. Available in Super Cosmetics.
- Focallure Ultra Chic Lips in Rose Valet: A beautiful dusky-pink liquid lipstick that looks great on dark skin. Dries matte. Available here and I’ve reviewed it here.
- Popfeel Matte Lipcream in Salem: A neutral mid-brown liquid lipstick. Mousse-y formula, dries matte. Available here as part of set, and I’ve reviewed it here.
- M.A.C. Lipstick in Paramount: A deep brown with red undertones. Satin finish. Available at M.A.C. stores around Nairobi.
- Focallure Ultra Chic Lips in Burnt Umber: A beautiful dusky-pink liquid lipstick that looks great on dark skin. Dries matte. Available here and I’ve reviewed it here.
And this is how they swatch on the skin (they’re in the same order as above, top to bottom). Sorry to all that have been asking but I haven’t yet figured out the best way to take photos to get you close up swatches of these on the lips, I’m working on it. But hopefully this helps in the meantime!
Let me know if you liked this post, and which other colours I should feature in my series!